Thursday, April 29, 2010

BIG Weekend!

We had a HUGE weekend.  Friday I met a friend for a little much needed time out at the grounds of our church.  It was such a beautiful day and Tate and Ellie slept most of the time.  I had planned to head over to the Victoria and Albert museum after we had a chat and glance around as long as the babies would let me.  My friend told me she was meeting a friend for lunch in a courtyard there and I went along.  It was a wonderful discovery and a place I will probably visit often.  There is a fountain and areas of both shade and sunshine.  The fountain area has a shallow pool of water where kids can play and, honestly, I am already dreaming about when it is warm enough to put my feet in.  I am furious because I didn't bring my camera!  Anyway, that day Tate and Elle were dressed in clothes from both of Grandmothers and I did get pictures before we left the house.  Tate's outfit is from Gigi and Ellie is wearing a sweater from Grandma and lying on a quilt she made for them.



(Pardon Ellie's "You got a problem with that?" face.)

We call this look "Little T."

Saturday Trey and I headed to Nando’s for lunch and then back to the V&A because I hadn’t gotten to look around much and he hadn't been either. We made it through some of the medieval religious art, Asia and the Enlightenment sculptures before heading out to the courtyard to feed the babies. Going to the museum with them worked out pretty well although admittedly I held one or the other most of the time while I pushed the stroller one handed. (It isn’t that Trey wouldn’t push the stroller, I just have this thing about doing whatever I can on my own when we're out together trying something new to get a realistic picture of if I would actually want to try it on my own.)  We then put on quite the show by going out to the fountain area to feed the babies and have a snack.  After that we walked to Harrods stopping at a couple of bookstores looking for a book we never found then we took the bus back home.  We were out for 6 hours.

Sunday we attended services then headed to a barbeque which meant we were out for 8 hours. It was really nice to see friends and meet some new people but we had a nightmarish time on London Public Transport. We had figured out a bus route home because the pram is getting heavier and heavier. Due to the London marathon, our bus stopped unexpectedly at a stop that wasn’t on our route. From that point we had to take one more bus and two lines on the tube to get home. Ultimately, by the time we got home we could have taken a cab for less. Days like this I really, really, really miss my car. To my Houston people, I would trade everyday in traffic to never have to deal with the complications of public transportation and that is speaking from experience.

Here are Tate and Ellie with their friends at the barbeque. 


No comments: