Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our Nearest Green Patch



Trey and I ran out today while the sun was shining (for the first time since October) and got some shots together before the babies aren't in my tummy anymore. Seeing as how we are having twins, who knows if I will ever be pregnant again and we wanted to remember this special time as a couple. I have been so blessed to have a husband with a servant’s heart who has gone above and beyond to take care of me during our pregnancy. He gives me back rubs, makes sure I take my prenatal vitamins, cooks dinner and goes to the store now that standing that long means sleeping less at night from the strain, has me hold his arm when we're walking down the street, goes to doctor appointments, carries the laundry downstairs if I am going to be washing that day and just generally goes out of his way to take some of the weight off of me. I am so grateful to the Lord for my husband and best friend.

On another note, we had an ultrasound on Friday (15 Jan.) Ellie has been breech since 20 weeks. I was so sure that we would go in for this scan and she would still be breech and we would leave the hospital with a date that these babies would be born. Well, just to surprise us all, she has turned and now we are going to be playing the waiting game as nature intended. I was really ready to have a light at the end of the tunnel. They are growing great. Ellie was two ounces away from being 6 pounds and Tate was one ounce from being 5 pounds. This is a great weight for a singleton pregnancy at this point so the doctors were very pleased.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you. We are glad to hear about the babies' weights. I can't believe that hospital list! Oh my.

Our love to you all!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear what your babies' weights are! That's wonderful news. And I love love love the names you chosen. Good thoughts and prayers being sent your way.