Monday, June 21, 2010

The Boltons

We are in walking distance of some of the most expensive homes in London. For my Birmingham people, much like Mtn. Brook and for my Houston people, much like River Oaks. There are rows of "single bell" homes with brick privacy walls that retract into the ground so you can park your McLaren within the confines of your grounds above your underground swimming pool. (You can tell how big the homes are by how many bells are on the front of a house signifying how many flats a property has been broken into. One bell means the house is still intact.) I don't need all of that but one thing I am envious of are the private gardens. I miss having land around me. Having lived in Texas, Oklahoma and Alabama I am used to the concept of a yard. Anyway, this is a shot of a garden I often walk by and ponder how I might be able to throw my twin buggy over and climb the brick wall surrounding this gate.


No comments: