Saturday, June 26, 2010

Look out Tate

So Ellie is rolling. She rolls regardless of if she actually wants to or not. She also wants to sleep on her side but she is pretty… round… so that results in sleep rolling. She forgot how to roll back as soon as she learned how to roll onto her tummy. She gets really mad about this throughout the night and we have to get up and flip her over.


Don't know if you can tell but in this picture she is screaming and desperately trying to stay asleep with her head "stuck" upright.


She and Tate have been sleeping in the same bed. They sometimes calm each other so it has been nice but recently, with the rolling, we have encountered a problem.

 
Sometimes he doesn't mind...


Sometimes he does. (Dont' know why blogger kept rotating this image.)
 
 
I think I have mentioned that Tate is not good with transitions. He is much happier if you talk him through changes and looks totally freaked out when he falls asleep in the buggy and wakes up in a new place. He particularly hates the transition between being asleep and waking up. He screams almost every time he wakes up and if something external wakes him up, look out buddy.

The other night Trey and I heard a sharp scream come from the baby monitor. We hesitate because it stops almost immediately but it was that freaked out something is wrong cry so I couldn’t help myself but to go in. I look down and what do I see but a whimpering Tate and Ellie asleep. The only problem is that Ellie is face down with her head on her left arm and the entire right side of her body is on top of Tate. I go to flip her off of him only to find she has a death grip on Tate’s bodysuit. I unclench her and roll her back over while she screws up her face and frantically waves her left had at me; her whole body language screaming “don’t move me, don’t wake me up, don’t wake me up.” When I told Trey he just laughed and said that is TOTALLY your daughter. You do the exact same thing. Sleep wherever you want and I just have to find whatever space I can get. Sadly, it’s true. To my daughter’s future husband: I apologize, she can’t help it. It’s genetic.

It was at this point that Trey and I decided that it is definitely time for separate beds. They are still in pack’n’plays (travel cots) until we find a flat for next year so now their beds are side by side so they can see but not touch.  These kind of experiences make me so glad to have twins.

No comments: